23 Sept 2013

Custom Orders are the best!

I'm very excited today because I have been working on a custom order! I love custom orders... When someone says "Could you make a nappy cake in the shape of *insert random object here*?" and I say "I have no idea... But I'll give it a go!"


I was asked if I could make bears... Turns out I can =)
On Sunday I received a message on Facebook asking if I could make a nappy cake resembling a certain object... I won't say what it is yet but hopefully I'll be able to post photos soon. So today I spent a lot of time on this idea and I finished the nappy cake and I have to say I'm really proud of it! Personally I think it really looks like the object it is supposed to be (if that makes sense) and I have sent photos to the lady who enquired. I'm waiting for her response, hope she likes it!

I think the reason I love custom orders so much is that I love a challenge! There's always that thrill as I think "Can I really make *that* out of nappies and baby items?!" I love to plan how I'm going to assemble it and there is no better feeling than sending photos to the customer and saying "Look, I did it!"

Fingers crossed that the lady likes it!
Hayley x 

No comments:

Post a Comment