3 Sept 2013

Why do you craft?

I was browsing through Facebook last night, looking at the updates of the other crafty pages I follow, when I got to thinking about why people craft. What is it that makes it so appealing? No matter which craft you look at, sewing, crocheting, jewelry making, paper craft, etc there are an army of dedicated crafters who spend hours making products and posting them online. Why do we do it?


Apart from the fact that we obviously enjoy our chosen craft, what are the other benefits? I think they can vary from person to person. Last night I asked myself the question "Why do I craft?" and this is what I came up with:

Personally I craft because:

  • I enjoy it (the obvious answer)
  • It is theraputic
  • I can do it whenever I want, even in PJs 
  • I love making things and being creative
  • It keeps me busy
  • I love being part of the crafty community on Facebook =D
That is my list, what is yours? Feel free to comment with your reasons. I am sure there are also scientific reasons for enjoying crafting, such as it releases feel good endorphins (I have no idea if that is true, it is just an example!) I'll have to look into it =) I would also be really interested in what the most common reason for crafting is, so please do let me know: Why do you craft?

Have a lovely day,
Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment