16 Oct 2013

Craft Blog Club Halloween challenge: Part 3

Part 1 is here
Part 2 is here

In part 2 I finished my Halloween Jar and decided to expand on the challenge. Here is a reminder of my finished jar:


I decided that because I had enjoyed paper cutting so much, I would try to make a full picture to frame. To do this I took a sheet a black paper and marked a 1cm border all the way around the page. I then drew a scene of children trick or treating, ensuring that the design connected to the border so that it was one intact piece. I didn't take a photo of the drawing, I got carried away and dived in with my scalpel before I remembered to take the pic... Sorry. But anyway, I cut out my design and added it to a black A4 photo frame and here it is...

The whole scene


The trick or treaters: Witch, devil, fairy and vampire. At this point I should probably admit that the fairy also had a sweet bucket... and an arm holding it... My hand slipped so I had to cut her whole arm off to correct my mistake. Oops!


Its a bit clumsy but for a first attempt I'm really pleased with it! What do you think? Comments/constructive criticism welcome =)

Hayley x 

6 comments:

  1. You cut off a fairy's arm!?! :>) I love silhouette art and these are lovely. Arm or no arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashamed to say I did Donna, it was an accident! Thank you =) I enjoyed making it x

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I'm getting ready to do something similar on a much larger scale. Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/10/fridays-five-features-no-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute. I love silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the whole scene! So cute!

    ReplyDelete