31 Oct 2013

Theme Thursday! Bee

This weeks theme is particularly suited for expecting mothers who are not finding out the gender of the baby. Then you can call it a "Whats it gonna bee" baby shower! Geddit? ;) Sorry for the pun!

Invitations

I really like these personalized printable invites from Shy Socialites. They are so bold and bright! They are personalized to suit baby showers or birthday parties. Brilliant idea!

  
Decorations

Unsurprisingly the key for this themes decorations is black and yellow! Balloons, banners, bunting, paper chains, you can be as low key or as over the top as you like! I love these paper flowers/pompoms from the Party Frosting Blog. The little bees are so cute!


Food

I stumbled across so many fantastic ideas for themed food, I wasn't sure where to start! Here are some of my favourites.

For general buffet food with a Bee themed twist, check out this fab post from My Ramblings


For the most adorable bee cake pops, check out this amazing tutorial from Little Miss Sweet and Spicy! I don't think I could actually bring myself to eat them, they are so sweet! She also shows you how to make ladybird cake pops... How I wish I had found this when I was writing my Ladybird themed baby shower post!


Last but not least, I almost squealed when I saw these... How perfect for a bee baby shower? They would also make a great table decoration... before they are gobbled up! Donut beehives from Girl Inspired!


Party Favors 

A really simple party favor idea is attaching thank you notes to mini jars of honey for your guests to take home. Such a "sweet" idea! Sorry, I really must stop with the cheesy jokes!

As always, let me know if you decide to have a Bee baby shower or if you have any ideas for future Theme Thursdays!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment